TCS Culinary Program
"I feel proud that they're eating the food that we made."
Our Culinary Arts program was the first vocational program offered by Tri-County Schools. The program provides gourmet-quality breakfast, lunch, and healthy between-meal snacks for our students and staff daily. All meals and snacks are free for students and our menus are published weekly in the Daily Hampshire Gazette.
What do our students do?
- Prepare daily lunches for the entire school population
- Run a café for staff and guests
- Learn counter skills such as taking orders, operating the cash register, and making change
- Learn customer service skills
- Prepare food under timelines
- Prepare food for an Easthampton Chamber of Commerce event each November
- Earn ServSafe® certification
What makes our food special?
- A salad bar available at lunchtime
- Daily vegetarian options
- Locally-sourced food, including:
- Produce from our gardens
- Six farm shares (two from local CSAs in Easthampton, four from Prospect Meadow Farm in Hatfield)
- Eggs from Prospect Meadow Farm in Hatfield (ServiceNet)
- Eggs from our own chickens
Contact Person: Meredith Lagoy, LICSW
Associated Program: Tri-County Schools