Parent Advisory Council
Are you the parent or guardian of a Tri-County Schools student? Looking to become more involved in the school community? If so, we’d welcome your participation in the Tri-County Schools Parent Advisory Council.
The goal of the Council is to promote and facilitate an open and healthy dialogue between parents/guardians and school administrators and faculty. It’s also a great place to share information on upcoming events or gain feedback on past events.
Council meetings often include presentations by members of the faculty on different aspects of the school experience. Some of the topics from last school year include:
- Trauma Informed Care, a compassionate approach to behavioral management and self-regulation
- Sensory integration – calming your anxieties using your own resources
- The C.A.R.E.S. program – Composting, Agriculture in the Classroom, Recycling, Eating Well, and Sustainability. Discussion of the many ways this program represents the “greening of our curriculum,” including the therapeutic value of working in the gardens and with small animals.
You might be interested in some of the topics planned for Council meetings in the upcoming school year!
- Neurodiversity and organic education, featuring author, autism expert and automotive program advisor John E. Robison
- Biofeedback and self-regulation
- More on the C.A.R.E.S program
- Nursing services
- Trauma-informed behavioral intervention
- The reading program at TCS, featuring Reading Specialist Amy Craig
Who can join the Parent Advisory Council?
- Any parent or guardian of a current Tri-County Schools student is welcome to become a member of the Council
Can’t commit to joining, but interested in attending a meeting?
- Any TCS parent/guardian is welcome to attend any Parent Advisory Council meeting, to attend a special presentation, address an area of concern or just participate in the discussion.
If you are interested in learning more about our Council, please contact Tri-County Schools at 413-529-7700.
Contact Person: Meredith Lagoy, LICSW
Associated Program: Tri-County Schools