Some children need more care than a family can give.
- Is your family exhausted from dealing with your child/teen’s behavior?
- Are you awake at night worried about your child’s safety?
If your child is:
- scary or even aggressive,
- disobedient or oppositional: skipping school, running away, drinking, using drugs, fighting, in legal trouble, or engaging in problem sexual behavior.
NCYF's six residential and group homes, located in western Massachusetts and northwestern Connecticut, offer an engaging and supportive living environment for children, as well as extensive support services for you, the parent.
What do our residential programs and group homes offer parents?
- A specialized care team that includes you, nurses, therapists, program staff, behavior specialists and child psychiatrists. As the parent, you remain the primary decision maker for your child's care.
- An adapatable care plan that changes based on your child's needs.
- Support groups with other parents that help lessen the sense of isolation.
- Professionals to go with you to school meetings and to advocate for your child.
- Staff to support the transition when your child comes back home.
NCYF is focused on solutions for the whole family. Let our our experienced clinicians, nurses, and staff support you and your family. Contact us today.
What can a child expect if they live in one of our houses?
- A large, attractive home with single/double bedrooms and a van for activities.
- A healthy lifestyle that includes vegetable gardens, recreational activities and more.
- Regular routines including school, chores, fun activities and family visits.
- Trauma-focused care from our supportive staff and clinicians.
- 24-hour staffing and on-call support.